Saturday, February 21, 2009

How to get more blog comments

Blog Tips Newsletter by Yaro Starak

Why is it some blogs have a ton of
comments while other blogs never
receive any?

In this newsletter we talk about how
you can convince people to leave
comment replies to your blog posts.

---------------------

Hello There,

I hope your blog is coming along well.

The focus of this newsletter is something all
bloggers love - comments. Unfortunately most
blogs, especially new blogs, receive very few real
comments from real people (everyone gets spam
comments though).

I hope, with help from the tips in this newsletter,
your blog will grow a nice community of readers
who interact by leaving you comments.

First though I want to quickly clear something up
and give you a little background info about me -
the guy writing these newsletters.

YARO - ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING?

I knew you would ask that question.

Let me be completely straight up front with you.
Yes, I am trying to sell you something but as you
will see, these newsletters do not focus on
constantly pushing product after product in your
face.

I want you to enjoy this newsletter based on merit
because you genuinely benefit from the content.
But you don't have to take my word for it, judge
for yourself as you receive each newsletter.

I won't attempt to convince you now and waste
space in this newsletter - no one wants to read a
newsletter talking about how good a newsletter it is.

All I ask is that you remain subscribed for a good
five to ten editions and if you don't learn or
benefit in some way, then please, unsubscribe.

HOW I MAKE A LIVING

I'm a blog trainer. That means I teach people how
to blog and in particular how to market your blog
to build traffic, how to make money from your blog
and eventually, once you become advanced, how to
build an entire business based on your blog.

Some of my information is free - like this
newsletter, my report 'The Blog Profits
Blueprint' (have you read it yet?) and the
introductory free training videos on how to set-up
your blog at http://www.becomeablogger.com.

Occasionally I will invite you to join my coaching
programs, offer you information and training
products that I believe offer quality information
and recommend services that compliment blogging.

All these offers are completely optional. The
reason I bring it up now is that I want you to
understand why I spend so many hours producing
this newsletter and writing my own blog, and how I
can earn a living from doing so.

Be sure to study how I use this newsletter to
recommend products and other offers. You can learn
a lot simply by observing my techniques and then
apply them to sell from your own blog or email
newsletter.

OKAY, SO WHO EXACTLY ARE YOU?

My name is Yaro Starak, I live in Brisbane,
Australia and sometimes Toronto, Canada. I'm a 29
year old male - with big hair.

I presently blog about Internet marketing,
blogging, entrepreneurship and self development at
http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com.

I've been blogging since late 2005 and make over
$10,000 a month from my blog and over $30,000 a
month from my online business in total - which by
the way, is based entirely on my blog.

I've run several businesses, some failures and
some successes and I've bought and sold websites
too.

I enjoy tennis, yoga, swimming and...well, this is
not a personals ad, so I'll leave it at that.

If you want the long story (with pictures!) you
can read my five-page bio at -

http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/yaro-starak-timeline/

That's enough about me, let's talk about your blog.

HOW TO CONVINCE PEOPLE TO LEAVE COMMENTS

Let me set something straight right now.

If your blog has no traffic you will not receive
any comments.

It makes sense of course, but some people don't
see the connection between these two elements.

If no one is reading your blog then no one will
leave comments either. Simply posting great
articles to your blog is not enough - you have to
*market* your blog to bring people to it.

We will talk A LOT about marketing throughout my
newsletter, so stay tuned for that.

For now, understand if you don't receive any
comments to your blog it's probably not that your
content is bad or people don't like you, it's
because you simply don't have enough traffic.

If on the other hand you do have some traffic, yet
no one replies to your posts, there are ways to
stimulate comments.

Try these tips to begin with -

- Write articles that reference or focus on other
bloggers. You will get their attention that way
and there's a good chance they will come to your
blog and leave a comment as a result.

- Ask your readers a question at the end of your
article.

- Write about topics that stimulate conversation,
such as current events (think politics, news,
entertainment).

- Be controversial with your writing. Have a
strong opinion and others with strong opinions
will reply to argue or agree with you.

- Be patient. Sometimes you just have to wait
until the first person leaves a comment which
opens the floodgates.

KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING

A while ago I stopped actively responding to
comments on my blog unless I was asked a direct
question. I really had no excuse for not doing it,
I was just lazy and working on other writing
projects. Consequently the average number of
comments on my blog entries dropped A LOT.

I noticed the regular commentators stopped
commenting as frequently and most conversations on
my blog ended very quickly.

This is really tragic for a blog and I'll tell
you why - it reduces your "Social Proof".

WHAT IS SOCIAL PROOF?

Social Proof is when humans take action or make a
decision based on seeing other humans doing it
first. It's sort of like an implied recommendation
- if other people do it, it must be good.

It's like when you see a bunch of people all
looking up at something in the sky at the same
time. You can't help but turn your head skywards
and see what all the fuss is about.

When first time visitors to your blog see other
people making lots of comments they are more
likely to decide there is something valuable at
your blog and bookmark or subscribe to it and may
even make a comment.

This is good for blog traffic. This is social
proof in action.

I was very conscious of always taking part in
comment conversations at my blog and consequently
my readership was growing in leaps and bounds. I
stopped and I noticed I hit a wall and my blog
didn't grow quite as well as it was.

I know a blogger who has a rule - she responds to
every single comment made to her blog.

Consequently she has developed a fantastic
community around her blog and her traffic has
skyrocketed in a short period of time.

Remember, comments on your blog are very
important, take the time to respond to them.

Here's to your blogging success,

Yaro Starak
Entrepreneurs-Journey.com


---------------------
This email is never sent without permission.

This newsletter is being sent to you
because you subscribed to Yaro Starak's
Blog Tips Newsletter at - entrepreneurs-journey.com,
becomeablogger.com, blogtrafficking.com or
blogmastermind.com

Here is your subscription information:

Name: There
Email: visionwheel@gmail.com
Subscribe Date: February 13, 2009

If for some crazy reason you don't want any
more tips, advice and valuable "I help you make
more money" emails like this from me, you
can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the
end of this message.


CONTACT
To reply to this email or for support queries
please go to: http://ReplytoYaro.com

EARN MONEY
To join Yaro's affiliate program, go to
http://www.blogmastermind.com/affiliates/

--
GPO Box 2679, Brisbane, QLD 4001, AUSTRALIA

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?LIzsrIzMtCzMLKycTMwstGa07EwMbGys

No comments:

Post a Comment