Saturday, September 6, 2014

An idea for 2014 - game

Hi,

I guess one of the biggest mistakes made by those who wants to start an app business is spending too much time on the development and features. Actually, it's not really their fault - they have been conditioned with the "mindset" of getting it right at the first round and hoping that it'll be a home run.

In this email, I'm going to share with you the secret to get started with a game app...

You see, there are app "gurus" who said that the simple games trend is over. Before that, let me explain my definition of a simple game - it is like the Doodle Jump game, where the game is all about having the character to jump "endlessly". 

A simple game is where it doesn't requires a lot of logic with AI (artificial intelligence), maps, animations, etc. Frankly, I think these app "gurus" are far from the truth. Here's the proof that simple game is as hot as ever... AFTER SO MANY YEARS...

The trend can never be over. All is needed is a new flavor to it. To elaborate this point, it would be easier to refer back to what we're doing with internet marketing...

Can affiliate marketing be outdated? No, you'll just see new flavors coming out (keep in mind that some of them are just hypes). But at the core of it, it's THE SAME. Have a webpage, drive traffic to it and promote an affiliate program. Make money.

"But isn't affiliate marketing an "old" topic?"

Yes, that's true but there will always be new people wanting to learn. There will always be new people buying iPhones or starting to play games. 

You see, the most important part of making money with apps (or any internet marketing stuff) is GETTING STARTED. And since getting started is the toughest part of all, you should start with easy steps! I mean, I'm sure complex games have many of their own advantages but...

1. Do you have the fund to do it?

2. Do you have the luxury of TIME to develop it?

3. Do you have the knowledge for the business?

Besides, ironically, you could have spend less time and less money and yet, have the same success with a simple game (like what Doodle Jump did).

Bare in mind, at the end of the day, the success depends on how good are you with marketing. 

I know, this question is probably at the back of your mind right now...

"But Dude, Doodle Jump is a brand!"

Yes Dude. I'm aware of that. Besides, honestly, I doubt you'll ever be #1 (I doubt I'll ever get that too, so does any app Gurus that you know of). Right now, correct me if I'm wrong, all you need is to get started. 

And even if you can just get hundreds of thousands of downloads, that would have already helped you to make some good income from apps. You don't need millions of downloads right now. 

The interesting part is, weirdly enough, your app will get found when it's live. I have a "compass app" where I do zero promotions on it and yet, it's being downloaded everyday.

All it takes is a an idea. And of course, taking action.

So think of the theme that you want your "jumping game" to be all about. Once you have that, then you can figure out how to hire programmers and so on.

Your friend,

Patric Chan
Author, OperationQuickMoney Handbook

P.S: Tomorrow, I'll share with you about my game and how you can clone it quickly.



 


8345 NW 66TH ST #2889, 33166, Miami Florida
Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment